Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
2003_to_2007_or_bust 2003_to_2007_or_bust is offline

Default Number Misery from 2003 to 2007

As I work on 2003-created documents, the numbering goes haywire in 2007.
Examples: changes from alpha to numeric, if I "undo" or "reject change" the
new alpha+number "gray out" and I can't select, reject, or click on the
Numbers icon to turn numbers off. Generally I am able to backspace over it,
but sometimes have to delete the sentence to re-type.

About to lose the last of my graying hair here! Do I just need to re-type
numbered 2003 text.

Any HELP would be SO appreciated!!