Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] erik.rude.nielsen@gmail.com is offline

Default All Documents Locked! How to Unlock?

Hi,
I've got the same issue with my Word2003. It is activated and
registered (and has been so for some time) but it has just stopped
working some time between Monday Jan 21st 2007 and Tuesday 22nd 2007.
Reinstalling hasn't helped.
When I go Help--Activate.. nothing happens at all.
I was able to download and install the latest security update for
Office 2003 without any problems while I was still experiencing the
problem.

A friend of mine suggested rolling back my installation to before I
first installed Office2003, but that's just too much work,, there must
be a simple answer - who got that?

Best regards
Erik

My Microsoft Word from Office 2003 will not all me to type anything into any
document (not even a new one). The message coming up in the bottom, left
corner says: "This modification is not allowed because the document has been
locked." Most of the options in the menus are unavailable, so I can't even
try looking for solutions under 'Options', etc. I have tried fully removing
Small Business 2003, and then installing it again from CD. This has made no
difference. How can I unlock it?