Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Grammar check!

Hi Aalaan,

You won't get any argument from us or from MS that the grammar checker
always has some ... "issues" is what MS calls them :-) because language is
so free-form. But do remember that Word 2000 is now long in the tooth, if
not completely obsolete, and there have been improvements in the intervening
three versions. Word 2003 doesn't complain about the hyphenated form of
"well-being".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Aalaan wrote:
Word 2000. Just found irrefutable proof of something I've long
suspected, and that is the inconsistency and self-contradictory
tendency of the grammar checker.

I was editing a document that contained the expression 'well-being'.
On f7, Word objected and wanted to substitute the two words
unhyphenated. OK, only one mention of the expression so no
consistency problems. Let's go with Microsoft this time. So I
accepted but Microsoft now wanted the hyphen back! I accepted again.
Back to the original objection. Repeated acceptances just left me in
a loop. It seemed nothing would satisfy the beast...