Steve Waring Steve Waring is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitig View Post
When I insert a cross-reference to a figure in a Word 2003 document, the
entire figure is inserted, not just the cross reference. I am choosing
Insert | Reference | Cross Reference, with reference type = "Figure", Insert
reference to = "Only label and number" and all check boxes cleared (I don't
want it to be a hyperlink as that will cause problems with subsequent
document issue). How do I get just the label and number to be inserted?
I have hit the same problem and have given up trying to get captions to work and now just make the captions using bookmarks.

Last edited by Steve Waring : September 20th 14 at 03:39 PM Reason: incorrect answer.