Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default how to NOT add styles to style gallery when pasting text

You can use the option to restrict editing. On the Review tab, click
Restrict Editing; in the task pane, select "Limit formatting to a selection
of styles." Use the "Settings" link to choose your specific styles. When you
are done, don't forget to click Yes, Start Enforcing Protection. (Type a
password if you wish.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"usrqsts" skrev i meddelandet

Hi there,

I am using Word 2013 and I have the following problem.

I have set up a nice,fresh .dotm with 6 custom styles that show up in
the quick styles gallery. The .dotm is for my colleagues such that we
have a new, custom design for our organization.

When my colleagues open the template to start working on a new document,
they often paste text from older documents with outdated styles into the
new document. If they do no use "paste as plain text", they end up with
the outdated styles in the new document – and worse: with more than the
desired 6 styles in the styles gallery. So they get confused about what
to use and the new design cannot be properly implemented.

Therefore, I am looking for a way to set up my .dotm template in such a
way that styles will never be copied with the text to that document.

I know I should just brainwash everybody and yell at them to only "paste
as plain text". But the people here are pretty resistant, its a big
organization and often images are copied and pasted as well.

So is there any option in word to not allow making changes to the quick
styles gallery?

Thank you and best regards,
Paolo

--