Andra

is the figure and its caption separate paragraphs? Having different
styles...say, "Figure" and "Caption".
Or they are a single paragraph with style "Caption"?

digitig wrote
When I insert a cross-reference to a figure in a Word 2003 document, the
entire figure is inserted, not just the cross reference. I am choosing
Insert | Reference | Cross Reference, with reference type = "Figure",

Insert
reference to = "Only label and number" and all check boxes cleared (I

don't
want it to be a hyperlink as that will cause problems with subsequent
document issue). How do I get just the label and number to be inserted?