paddyofurniture paddyofurniture is offline
Junior Member

Default Special Characters in MS Office Products

I use an email address with an AMPERSAND (&),

This works well until I attempt to insert a hyperlink in an OFFICE document.

I use the HYPERLINK feature and insert the address
C&DRecycling AT oaklandnet.com (@ instead of AT)
mailto:C&DRecycling AT oaklandnet.com populates in the address box.
APPLY and document looks great.

When one clicks on the link to send a message Outlook opens a new message addressed to
C. Something seems to disregard anything from & forward.

I understand that # does not work in hyperlinks as part of file or folder names, though I cannot find anything to indicate that & is an illegal operator in OFFICE.

Any suggestions for workaround?

I'd rather not abandon the email address as it has been used in several publications already.