Doug Robbins

From the Tools menu in Word, select Options and then on the General tab,
check the box against the "Confirm conversions at open" item. After doing
that, when you attach the data source to the mailmerge main document, you
will be given a number of options for the method of connection. Try the
different options and see if can get the desired result.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Winston" wrote in message
WinXPPro. Office 2002 Pro. Have been using Mail Merge using Jet 4 OLE DB
Provider and it has worked fine. Need to change so that the Mail Merge
uses
a query in Access as its data source rather than a table. This option is
not
available in OLE etc. So I changed data source to OCBC DSN and I can see
the
queries. But... it doesn't execute the Access query... just returns the
full
table (not using the criteria logic of the query). I changed the query so
it
uses a 2nd linked table rather than a criteria... still get all the
records
in the main table of the query. Can anyone help?
thank you,
Winston