Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Default Why do my keyboard keys type different symbols to that typed?

You have a keyboard definition in Windows that doesn't match the keyboard
hardware -- usually an English(US) definition with an English(UK) keyboard
results in that kind of substitution. See
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm for the complete
procedure.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

lynlaz wrote:
I have a problem with some of the keys on my keyboard. The key
pressed is not that which appears on the screen. For example, if I
press the " key, I get @. I cannot seem to get the pound sterling
symbol on the keyboard (only in Symbol) and if i press the pound sign
I get #. Any ideas?