Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Roger Tregelles

Default Automatic Alternate Row Shading For Tables?

Tony,

Thanks for the quick and thorough reply. Your recommendation works great!
Thanks so much for helping me out, I really do appreciate it. Take care.

Roger Tregelles
Quality Assurance Engineer
Respironics Inc.

"Tony Jollans" My Forename at My Surname dot com wrote in message
Create - or use a built in - Table Style with alternate row shading.

In the style dialog there is a dropdown labelled "Apply formatting to" and
you can select "Even Row stripes" and "Odd row stripes" and format each as
you wish.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Roger Tregelles" wrote in message
Hi Folks,

I have several reports with tables created in Word 2003 that I am

constantly
updating, deleting rows, adding rows. I need the report to have

alternate
row shading (every other row that is). I create similar reports in

Access
2003 and found some VBA code at Microsoft's website to do this for me
automatically. Is there a similar way to do this in Word so I don't have

it manually which can be very time consuming. Thanks in advance for any

and
all help provided. :-)