Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bigtime-jim-fan bigtime-jim-fan is offline

Default What do blue dots under a picture mean in word?

Thanks. The dots were both black AND blue/purple. I mucked around with the
picture formatting/wrapping and now the dots are gone are the pictures are
printing

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If the dots are actually black, you have applied "Hidden" formatting to an
inline picture. If the dots are purple, they're smart tags (don't ask me
why), and the pictures are not printing because they're wrapped (not inline)
and you don't have "Drawing objects" checked on the Print tab of Tools |
Options.

"bigtime-jim-fan" wrote in
message ...
I have been pasting pics onto a page and some have blue dots underneath
them... when I ty to print the page they do not appear on print preview???