TF

Thanks for letting us know that Intel have patched the bug.

Terry

"Leonard F Kiesling" wrote in
message ...
: thanks for all this info! my home dell, 10 months old, desktop 4600 using
: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 video card. no problem scrolling photos in word
2002.
: have win98se using word 97 & no problem scrolling. have 4 month old dell
: 4700 work computer, using word 2002, has scrolling problems.
:
: is this part fixable:
: "so it may be a conflict with the driver on particular
: motherboards."?
:
: thanks again, len kiesling
:
: "TF" terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote in message
: ...
: Len
:
: Yes: these are three terms are for the same item. It does looks as
though
: there are many other users sharing this problem. Don't get put off by
the
: twit that says he doesn't see this with WordPerfect though. WP works
: completely differently than Word, so comparing an error on one with the
: other is totally irrelevant. Word is very demanding of both the graphics
: and
: printer drivers: if either has the slightest bug, you can be pretty sure
: that Word will be affected long before other applications are affected.
:
: I would also guess that comparing your problems with my Radeon 5500 are
: irrelevant too because it looks like most of these users have Dell with
: PCI-E buses; so it may be a conflict with the driver on particular
: motherboards.
:
: Terry
:
: "Leonard F Kiesling" wrote in
: message ...
: : thank you for these replies!
: : is the display adapter, graphics card, video card, all the same thing?
: also,
: : found this thread at cnet:
: :
: :
:
:
http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6129-0....ssageID=579899
: :
: : found out many have this problem. thank you, len kiesling
: :
:
:
: