Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mal

Default macro storage

Having found the ActiveDoc Lite add-in, I deleted it. My documents are now
free of the annoying boxes.

But a minor nuisance remains: I cannot save any additions I make to my Word
documents, and the AutoSave feature has disappeared. The gratuitous message
Do you want to save changes to ... oddly appears after I click on the
Save icon. If I click yes then the document remains open and will not
close in its natural
closing-sequence, and if I click no then the document closes and removes
the additions I've just made.

Any suggestions on this?

Thanks.

Mal

"Mal" wrote:

File doc. name, followed by Microsoft Word, appears in the title bar.
ActiveDocs Lite appears as the title of the box in which is written:
Invalid procedure call or argument. No Adobe Reader title appears in any
of the boxes.

Mal

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

So what is in the title bar of these messages: ActiveDocs Lite (as you
initially implied) or something to do with Adobe, or are they coming from
Word?

"Mal" wrote in message
Suzanne,

The information I posted in my reply warrants your puzzlement, since the
Adobe program (as you pointed out) does have nothing to do with Word.

Let me explain the problem in more depth, if youd be kind enough to read

it
through.

When I click on the macro message after it appears in a Word document (or
sometimes even a file-list), the message disappears and Im able to

complete
a writing task. When I click Save, a gratuitously-generated Do you

want
to save changes? message appears. I click yes and the message

disappears;
however, the document doesnt close. As a matter of fact, Im able to

close
the document only by right-clicking in the title bar.

If this isnt enough, a further message appears when the document

eventually
does close: The disk is full. Free some space on this drive, or close

any
unedited documents, etc.,. I click close on this message, and yet even
another appears that reads: Invalid procedure call or argument.
Unfortunately, no sort of clicking closes this one.

But enough of the nested messages. In the end, I have to manually

turn-off
the
computer.

Can you give me some advice? (This probably sounds as if Im asking

someone
to dredge a lake to recover a trinket.) At this point, though, Ill even
comply if you should say: €œThrow the computer on a rubbish dump and get
another!€

Thank you.

Mal

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I'm confused. Adobe Reader is designed to read PDF documents. You

shouldn't
be trying to open PDFs in Word, nor should Adobe Reader have any effect

on
Word.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Mal" wrote in message
Suzanne,

Thank you for taking the time to answer my querry.

Having traced the file to Adobe Reader 7, I found I couldn't open it

for
repair or uninstall. A message appeared that read: Adobe reader

couldn't
open [the file] because it is either not a supported file or has been
damaged.

Any suggestions?

Mal

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It would appear that you have an add-in called ActiveDocs Lite; that

is
where you need to look for the error.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Mal" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2000 in Windows XP. When I click on, or open, a

new
document,
I get the message: 'Could not open macro storage' under an

ActiveDocs
Lite
logo. I don't know how to rid my documents of this message. Is

there
anyone
who knows how I might do it?

Mal