Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
donna

Default Mail merge directory using excel file

How do I get the excel date into a table and when do I do it? Before I start
the merge or during it. PLease be very specific, I don't know anything about
tables.
Thanks!

"Anne Troy" wrote:

I assume you're "columns" are in your Word mail merge main document? If so,
labels and other mail merge layouts are often vertically centered. If that's
the case, you should be able to click inside your Table, then
Table--Select--Table, and then Table--Properties, Cell tab and align TOP.

************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
Check out the NEWsgroup stats!
Check out: www.ExcelUserConference.com

"donna" wrote in message
I am trying to create a directory with names and addresses, using an
excel
file. I can do the whole thing except for one part. Each page has 2
columns. I would like each name and address to be across from another one
so
they line up. ie.
Jane doe John Doe
123 main st 456 Main st
anytown, USA Box 234
Any town USA

The name that comes after Jane Doe will be one line higher than the name
that come after John Doe. How do I get them to line up? I am using Excel
and Word 2003. Please be very specific. Don't assume I know anything.
Someone suggested I go to
http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm.
That was way over my head. I couldn't get it to work.