Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I merge files with endnotes

If you have Endnotes set for "End of document," they're probably piling up
at the end of your compiled document.

"WVH3" wrote in message
I have a set of files representing chapters of a book I have written.

Each
file has endnotes at the end of the file. My publisher insists that all

of
the Chapters need to be in one file and has given me instructions to go to
the end of Chapter 1 and select Insert then select file for Chapter 2,

then
repeat for Chapter 3, etc...

My problem is that when I do this, it loses all of the endnotes for all
chapters!

Is there a way to merge these separate files into one file while retaining
the endnotes at the end of each Chapter?