Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Adding 2 days to a mail merge field

Unfortunately you cannot simply add 2 to a date using Word's "field
language".

If possible, create any extra dates you need in your data source - in the
case of Access, create a query that uses dateadd to add two days to the
date, then use that query as your data source.

Or you can use macropod's date field calculations - I think they are at
http://www.wopr.com/w3tfiles/10-249902-DateCalc.zip

There is also a page at http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0004.htm which describes
other possibilities and which might help you if you use that dateadd
function.
--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Ren" wrote in message
I am merging a date from Access into Word and i want it to say the date two
days after the date in the database. I'm using the following for the merge
field:

{ Mergefield CourseDate \@ "d" } \* ordinal } { Mergefield CourseDate \@
"MMMM, yyyy" }

but i can't figure out where to add the "+2" bit.