Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike

Default What program runs when opening a hyperlink in word 2003

I work at a school and when a teacher or student clicks on a hyperlink in
Word 2003 they get, "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in
effect on this computer" If we uncheck exe protections which allows them to
run any program they want it works just fine for them which makes us think it
is an exe not list that they are allowed to run. We've given them access to
all the exe's in the office folder and program files common folder but they
still get the error. Firefox is the defualt browser and they can open that
just fine. I've given them access to IE just in case word was trying to load
it, but that didn't help either.

Anyone have any ideas of what happens when you click on a hyperlink in word?

Thank You,
Mike