Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF TF is offline

Default hangs

In which case look for some other non-active folder or FPT link in Explorer.
I've not known any other cause than a dead or unobtainable link.

Terry

wrote in message
: Hmmmm, thanks TF, it's not a networked computer so the w/s has never had
any
: mapped drives.
:
:
:
: "TF" terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote in message
: ...
: Most common reason is that you have a dead mapped drive set up. Open
: Windows
: Explorer and remove any redundant or inaccessible mapped drives.
:
: --
: Terry Farrell - Word MVP
: http://word.mvps.org/
:
: wrote in message
: ...
: : Hi,
: : I wasn't to sure where to post this. I have a user with XP Home using
: : Office XP Pro. The problem is
: : that after I've opened up Word I'll click on the look in box to save
the
: : document and I just hang. This is
: : consistant every single time I go to save a doc or try to traverse to
: : another folder and it hangs there.
: : I've renamed the Normal.dot file, I've uninstalled and reinstalled
: Office,
: : I've got all the updates for Windows
: : and Office, I've done a repair as well. This computer is not networked
: so
: : I'm not trying to go anywhere other
: : than the C:\ drive. I've got AV and I ran Spysweeper so I think I'm ok
: : there.
: :
: : Thanks for your time,
: : Craig