Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Opening a file in Word to a specific location

Hi mubstar

mubstar wrote:
I want to be able to open a file from the Internet/anywhere on Microsoft
Word and have it open to a specific location. So if I'm opening a calendar
document I would like to have the program go straight to November without me
having to scroll/use a macro.

If there is an easy solution, or if a macro has been written to run
automatically (so I dont have to use the keyboard/push a button) please let
me know.

If you are talking about one particular document you are controlling,
then this can most probably be done with an AutoOpen macro.

However, I get the feeling that you are talking about a virtually
unlimited number of files from different sources. Then the answer is
(again, most probably) no. Chances are there are _way_ more different
ways to create "calendars" or other date-oriented files than your VBA
developer might think of.

2cents
Robert