WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: different column widths

In Word 2007, you can adjust the width of one column without affecting the other column by following these steps:
  1. Select the text that you want to format into columns.
  2. Click on the "Page Layout" tab in the ribbon.
  3. Click on the "Columns" button in the "Page Setup" group.
  4. Select "More Columns" from the drop-down menu.
  5. In the "Columns" dialog box, select the "Two" option under "Presets."
  6. Under "Width and spacing," enter the width for the first column in the "Width" box.
  7. Click on the "Apply to" drop-down menu and select "This point forward" to apply the formatting to the selected text only.
  8. Click "OK" to close the dialog box.

Now you should have two columns of different widths. If you want to adjust the width of one column later, simply click and drag the column marker in the ruler to the desired width. The other column will not be affected.