Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jhannan38

Default what do do when a new paragraph will not indent 5 spaces?

The paragraph WILL NOT indent unless I space an extra line making the sapcing
greater than double or I single space the whole document and manually space
an extra line for each line of the 60 pages of material. I am not trying to
set a five space indent. I need new pargarphs indented and some will not
indent.Please help,
Jean Hannan

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

There is no way to set a "five-space" indent, as Word does not use "spaces"
as a unit of measurement. You can set a half-inch first-line indent (or left
indent, as required) by dragging the appropriate marker on the horizontal
ruler or in the Format Paragraph dialog. Half an inch is the equivalent of
five spaces in 12-point (10-pitch) Courier New.