Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
rbw

Default Shadow Cursor

Luc, thank you for your reply. It helped me out -- I always wondered what
those little lines were for. I tried using them for the shadow cursor
purpose in the past to no avail but today it seemed to work for me. I'm so
used to Word Perfect I think I need lessons on using Word (2003). Thanks
again.

"Luc" wrote:

rbw,
Don't know what version of Word you are using, but from version 2002 on (I
think) there is the click and type option. You can enable/disable it on the
Edit tab in Tools - Options. When it is active you will see a mousepointer
which will change appearance as you navigate over your page if you put it
near the center it will change in an I-pointer with some lines under it,
double click and you will center the text you are typing.
I have not used WordPerfect for a number of years now, so I do not know if
it will help.
Luc Sanders (MVP - Powerpoint)
"rbw" schreef in bericht
I'm used to a "shadow cursor" which I used in Word Perfect. When the
cursor
is placed near the center of a line, a "shadow cursor" tells you exactly
where the center is. Then, when typing a heading, for example, the
heading
"centers" automatically. Is this feature available in Word? I have been
unable to find it.