Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
rbw

Default Shadow Cursor

Suzanne -- that works much better! Where did you learn that? I tried the
Help section many times and I couldn't find any help in this area.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

FWIW, I would find it a lot easier just to click Ctrl+E to center text.

"Luc" wrote in message
rbw,
Don't know what version of Word you are using, but from version 2002 on (I
think) there is the click and type option. You can enable/disable it on

the
Edit tab in Tools - Options. When it is active you will see a mousepointer
which will change appearance as you navigate over your page if you put it
near the center it will change in an I-pointer with some lines under it,
double click and you will center the text you are typing.
I have not used WordPerfect for a number of years now, so I do not know if
it will help.
Luc Sanders (MVP - Powerpoint)
"rbw" schreef in bericht
I'm used to a "shadow cursor" which I used in Word Perfect. When the
cursor
is placed near the center of a line, a "shadow cursor" tells you exactly
where the center is. Then, when typing a heading, for example, the
heading
"centers" automatically. Is this feature available in Word? I have

been
unable to find it.