Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed from AZ Ed from AZ is offline

Default What causes random words in a document to be mashed together?

What happens if you open these files with a plain text editor like
NotePad?

Ed

On Mar 24, 2:52*pm, analretentiveauditor
wrote:
I can't replicate the problem here, but the word fee becomes fe, and the e is
kind of bold from being printed over. *The word day gets so scrunched up that
it becomes ady, with each letter overlapping the next (or prior). *I have
numerous documents like this, many of which have been brought forward through
the years after being created in WordPerfect. *Some of my old docs do this,
and some don't. *I've tried changing the font, but no luck there.