Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Scott

Default Header with picture or text box

Thank you. After reading Suzanne's reply it seems she was able to replicate
this behavior, but I'm unsure, after reading your reply whether text wrapped
around the clip art in the header area. Text wraps normally when the pic
extends outside the header, but within the header the text wrapping (ie
square/tight) functions do not work - only "text in front and text behind"
the pic. If it's a "bug", I'll just give up and use a table, or format the
paragraph indent for my text portion to avoid the pic, but if it works for
you, I'll keep working at it. Thanks again for your help.

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

Reloading Word will probably not help.

I just inserted a clip art picture in the header. I formatted its layout to
square and expanded it so that the bottom of it was in the body of the
document. I then went into the body and text wrapped around the picture. If
I set the layout for the picture to be in front of text, even if in the
header, it will float on top of text in the body (as well as in the header).
I strongly recommend that you keep trying this and not reloading Word.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Scott" wrote in message
Instead of using my pic, I tried this with a generic word clip art (eifle
tower). By simply opening a new document, view, header/footer, and then
inserting the clip art. I then clicked on the clip art pic, and changed
formatting to square wrapping, and the header decreased in width, and any
text typed in was hidden behind the eifle tower pic. I did this to make
sure
that my pic wasn't messed up? Does this work and remain within the header
when you do this? If so, I'll be reloading my word tomorrow as it must be
messed up..... Thank you.