Klaus Linke

Hi Dean,

Your "Normal" style isn't the default "Times New Roman"? Then =
unfortunately you can't define any font in any of your table styles.

This is a pretty irritating design bug in table styles. And you have the =
same issue with any other font formatting you might have changed in =
"Normal" (size, color, alignment, ...).

Your only choice is to change "Normal" back to default (TNR), if you =
want to define the font in table styles.=20

Another variant of this bug is that you usually can't set the table =
style's size to 10 pt, since Word erroneously assumes that "Normal" and =
the table styles that inherit from "Normal" already are 10 pt. That was =
the default size in old versions.
But you can change the size to anything if you set "Normal" to 10 pt.

Regards,
Klaus

"Dean Wheeler" .(donotspam) wrote:
When I create a new custom table style, based on Table Normal and I go =

to=20
change the font property (selecting a new font) it shows in the =

preview pane=20
as if it has stuck but when I use the table style the underlying =

default=20
Normal Font style shows through.
=20
All other formatting attributes for the font will stick (example: font =

size,
color, bold, italic) just for some reason I can't get the custom table =

style
font to stick?
=20
Anyone able to help ...