Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Page breaks in word 2007 not visible???

Well, the new behavior with page and paragraph breaks is certainly not a
bug, if that's what you are asking (if it was there wouldn't be a
compatibility option for it), so it's not likely to change any time soon.

However, the display issue should be possible to fix, I suppose. But it may
have low priority.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"domyrat" wrote in message
Yes, it solved my problem, i think in next eventual patch it should be
default.

Salutes.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

See if this helps: Click the Office button, and then click Word Options.
In
the Advanced category, scroll down to the "Compatibility options for"
section. Expand the Layout options (by clicking the plus sign). Check the
"Split apart page break and paragraph mark" option, and click OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"domyrat" wrote in message
Ok, here is the full thing.
I started a docx file, typed some, did a page break, it showed it as it
should, typed some more, wanted another page break, and did it the same
way,
but it didn't show. When i choose to show nonprinting marks, it shows
page
breaks but smaller than those upper that show even without this non
printing
marks. I personally think this is a bug, and I would like word 2003
page
breaks showing.

Here are pictures of what i'm talking about

http://picozilla.com/en/183527/20080...2255.jpeg.html
http://picozilla.com/en/183528/20080...2411.jpeg.html

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Press Ctrl+Shift+8 to show nonprinting marks; you should then be able
see
the page breaks.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"domyrat" wrote in message
I started a new .docx document and i wanted to do a page break, and
page
break works, but in draft view it isn't visible??? When i start a
document
.doc it is normally visible, what is the problem? I have office 2007
SP1.