Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Printing causes Word to close. How do I stop this?

As a long shot, you might check Tools | Macro | Macros for a FilePrint or
FilePrintDefault macro that could be hijacking the print process and closing
Word after printing. If you're in control of your computer (and barring a
freak virus), this is unlikely, so you might try reinstalling the printer
driver or checking the HP Web site for an updated one.

"Latenote" wrote in message
Each time I print a Word document, Word simply closes down completely.

The
document prints ok but anything not saved at the time of printing is lost.
Anything saved Word recovers when I reopen the program - which I can do
without difficulty.

This started a while ago. I wasn't aware of having changed any settings.

I'm using Word 2002, on Windows XP and printing to a HP Photosmart 7960
printer if that makes any difference.

Any help as to how I stop this? I've tried everything I can think of. Its
very frustrating.

Thanks