Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ember Ember is offline

Default Numbered Lists - Restart Numbering

How do I do this:
"The only really reliable way to force this is to define the list style a
bit differently. Don't assign a number to Level 1; start the numbering with
Level 2. Set Level 2 to always begin renumbering after a Level 1 paragraph."

Thanks!

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi Helen,

Can someone please help me? I'm wondering why everytime I apply the List
Number style, I have to restart the numbering (right-clickrestart numbering).

To put it succinctly: that's how it's been designed to work. The theory being,
if you're re-using the style, you want to continue the list (by default).

The only really reliable way to force this is to define the list style a bit
differently. Don't assign a number to Level 1; start the numbering with Level 2.
Set Level 2 to always begin renumbering after a Level 1 paragraph.

Link Level 1 to a paragraph style you know will be used between each separate
list.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org