Peter Jamieson

You have to open the Excel sheet using DDE - check Word
Tools|Options|General|"Confirm conversion at open", reconnect tot he
spreadsheet, and select the DDE option when it is offered.

Peter Jamieson

"John" wrote in message
I have a mail-merge form letter I've set up in Word 2003, using data in an
Excel 2003 worksheet. When I click the "Open Data Source" button, it
brings
a pop-up window with all the records, but if I select a record, the "Edit"
button is "shadowed-out" so I can't use it. What do I need to do here?
Can
I convert the Excel worksheet to some other format? Seems to be a new
"glitch" from Office 2000 to 2003.