Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Autocorrect strange problem (MSW 2003)

Do you have the option to "Automatically use suggestions from the spelling
checker" selected in the AutoCorrect dialog box? If so, try clearing the
option. (Since I don't use that option myself, I'm not sure if it can do
what you are describing, although it sounds like a possible culprit.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"JPh12" wrote in message

'Stefan Blom[_3_ Wrote:
;494295']In Tools | AutoCorrect Options, click the AutoCorrect tab. See
if the word
and its replacement are now listed among the AutoCorrect entries. If you

find it, delete it.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

JPh12

It doesn't. The problem is not that a new entry is added to the
Autocorrect list. That problem is that the replacement occurs in all
instances simultaneously while I'm still running the Spell checking
tool. It happens in the background, so I don't notice it (although
sometimes there is a slight delay). Only later do I realize the
substitution occurred all over the document.
This is most unusual, I admit.

--
JPh12 [/i][/color]