Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Sharon M.

Default Mischievous Header/Footer when Section Break changes!

Please HELP!! I've tried all manner of devious tactics to fool Word but ...

I am developing a mulit-section template (I use Word XP) as follows:

Section 1: Front cover. Header is a background logo as a watermark. Header
and Footer = no selection

Section 2: (Copyright and Acknowledgements). Section Start = Odd page.
Header and Footer set to Same as Previous. (I want the background logo on
*all* pages in both sections.)

So far, so good.

Section 3: This section starts with the Table of Contents. From this point
on I *want* the headers to be different on odd/even pages. Section start =
Odd page. Header and Footer set to Different Odd and Even.

BUT - this is where the trouble starts - when I set the Different Odd and
Even in this section it changes the settings in Sections 1 and 2. I have
tried both This Section and This point forward. Same deal.

(BTW, Section 3 starts with a Table of Contents that has roman numeral page
numbering. I wouldn't normally have mentioned this here but I've just been
reading the thread started by Steve Bateman and there was something "quirky"
related to this for his problem.)

Does anyone have any idea how to get around this? I've tried just about
everything I can think of (including removing all the headers and starting
over).

Thanks a million in advance.

Sharon