Hawk76

Default Word 2000 - Sometimes it opens the document, sometimes it doesnt.

I Have this same problem, did you ever find a solution? Thanks

" wrote:

Ok I have an annoyance with Word 2000.

When I double click on a file, it somestimes opens Word, but not the
document. This is random, sometimes it opens fine.

If I open Word first and then open the file from File ---- Open, there
isnt a problem.

I have Windows Xp Pro with all the service paks and updates and Office
2000 updated as well.

I even uninstalled Norton, and it still does it. Yes, I did a full
virus scan before removing Norton.

I even uninstalled Office 2000 and reinstalled. Detect and Repaired a
couple of times, etc.

This isnt a huge issue, but annoying. Any ideas?

Thanks
Brian