Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Taylor Bryant Taylor Bryant is offline

Default Excel Worksheet Object resizes in Word when Iedit/open it - Size matter

Screwy workaround - I do a lot of this linking.

Copy the cells (in excel)

In word

Paste speciallinkedas picture

'Will probably default to inline pic, I usually want floating

Right clickFormat object'Size' tab
'In mine, it always pastes cells scaled at 98% height, 105% width, [with charts, not a problem]
Uncheck 'Lock Aspect Ratio'
Select 'OK'

Right clickFormat object'Size' tab
Change height to 100%, width to 100%
Select 'OK'

Right clickFormat object'Size' tab
Check 'Lock Aspect Ratio'
Select 'OK'

You have to do these three steps discretely - and manually (I have had no luck changing these settings via VBA, except using sendkeys).

If you do these three, then you can go back in, adjust to whatever scale you need (say 90%/90%) and when updating the link, the size will not reset and go all screwy.

Note: if you "Change Source" via EditLinks you will have to repeat the above process.

8 months better late than never!