Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default form content disappears with select-all/update fields

Ctrl+Shift+F9 unlinks fields (converts them to ordinary text). You didn't
tell us you had fields other than form fields. You could use Ctrl+A,
Ctrl+F11 to lock all the fields, then use Ctrl+Shift+F11 to unlock specific
fields for updating. Alternatively, you could select just the form fields
and unlink them.

"Barbara White" wrote in message
Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
After selecting everything, hold down the Shift and the Ctrl keys and

then
press F9.

One more question.

After I do this (shift-ctrl-F9), the forms appear to be correctly
populated. However, after doing that, other aspects of the document
change. For example, the hyperlinking capability disappears in the
ToC/LoF/LoT and--most importantly--if I select-all, I can no longer
update the fields. The only way to be able to update the fields (after
doing a shift-ctrl-F9) is to do an Undo. (Doing another shift-ctrl-F9
doesn't toggle this behavior on/off.)

So I'm not sure if that's intentional behavior or not. It seems to me
that maybe by doing the shift-ctrl-F9, I'm sending the document into
some production state, but getting to that state seems to be a one-way
process.

Is there some way around this? I'm wondering if it's just a setting that
I've got to fix or if this behavior indicates some other thing.

?? Thanks for any help/guidance.