I use mostly 100% and 105% in my docs, and although I see a lot of
cross-pollination (docs opening at 105% when they were saved at 100% and
vice versa), I haven't seen any problem with the IP. What's driving me to
distraction (to the point that I'm on the verge of throwing in the towel and
adding a macro) is that I keep losing the ruler despite the fact that I
relentlessly display it on every doc I open, save, close, etc. sigh

"Shauna Kelly" wrote in message
Hi Suzanne

I experience this frequently in Word 2003. I'm trying to develop reliable
reproducible steps. I'm currently convinced it has something to do with

(a)
having several documents open at once and (b) those documents displayed at
different zoom rates, ie one at 80%, one at 90%, one at 125% etc. But I
can't quite get reproducible steps, yet.

For me, View Zoom OK is enough to set the cursor size back to rights.
And, I find that it corrects itself when you exit Word and re-start.

Shauna

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
There's a lot of that going around, and so far no one has established

what
causes it, but changing the Zoom to 500% and back reportedly fixes it.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"J.K. August" wrote in message
Oooops! "Honey, I shrunk the insertion point line."