Tony Jollans

You can't do this using native Word functionality but you could set it up
using Application events.

If you save the filename every time you change documents (in the
DocumentChange event) you can then write a macro which retrieves it and
switches to it. If you assign that macro to a key combination - Ctrl+Alt+F6,
perhaps, which is not used by Word, then you have a document toggle
facility.

I don't think it would easily be possible to build something like Alt+Tab
which reacts according to whether or not you release the Alt key, but a
toggle can certainly be done.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Sandy" wrote in message
I would like to be able to switch back and forth between two open

documents
in Word 03, when I have more than 2 documents open, without having to

switch
to the (bizarrely-named) "Windows in Taskbar" viewing mode.

If I use "Windows in Taskbar," I can use the Windows "Alt-Tab" combination
to go back and forth or, by pressing the tab key repeatedly, cycle through

my
other documents.

But if use what I guess is now the normal mode, where all documents appear
in the same program space, the best I can do is program a keystroke
combination that will go to "PrevWindow" or "NextWindow". However, that
doesn't toggle between two documents, like "Alt-Tab" does; instead, it

cycles
backwards or forwards through ALL my open documents.

Can I get there from here?