Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Book marks

Bookmarks don't refer anywhere - they are markers in the text. What I
suspect you mean are hyperlinks?

Richard wrote:
Thanks for your help.

I have some bookmarks that seem to refer to the same location.

I have bookmarks that refer to a wrong location. I have many like
that. So many that deleting them one by one may prove to be almost
impossible. I don't know how I got all of them?

Richard
I am not sure what you mean by duplicate bookmarks as they cannot
exist as each bookmark name must be unique.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Richard" wrote in message
Is it possible to delete duplicate bkmarks?

Richard

Use Google Groups. All posts to Usenet newsgroups are archived
there. The following link will take you to the Word Newsgroups:

http://groups-beta.google.com/groups...06782&expand=1

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Richard" wrote in message
A while back I posted some questions about bk marks.

eg removing a lot of them, do they add a lot to the size of the
doc. I have about 9000 end notes in my doc.

I lost my backup drive & then before I could install the new
backup drive, my hard drive broke & then I found out the bad
backup drive had been writing bad info on the tapes. I lost
everything back to Oct, for which I had a good tape.

Is there anyway to retreave those posts? I am using Outlook
Express to view the newsgroup.

Richard