Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom

Default Table autoformats and paragraph styles

Hmm, if the paragraph style at the insertion point conflicts with the
paragraph formatting specified in the table style, I think the former
always "wins". Therefore, the best solution is probably to store an
example table (formatted the way you want it, with the proper
paragraph styles applied to the cell paragraphs) as an AutoText entry,
and teach users to insert the AutoText as needed.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Jackie" wrote in message
I'm creating a company template, and need to include a table

autoformat/style
that defines the font and paragraph properties that each table

should adopt.

I created a table Autoformat, and specified the correct font

(trebuchet) and
paragraph properties (space before and after: 3pt) - the problem is

that
these are never actually applied when I insert a new table - instead

each new
table I insert picks up the paragraph style currently in use on the

page
(usually Body Text, which has inappropriate spacing before/after).

So, at the moment I have to always adjust the cell para styles after
inserting the table each time - this is a problem because my

template users
keep forgetting to make this change.

What's the best way to approach this problem?

(I have seen posts elsewhere that link the problem with a modified

Normal
para style - I've tried setting that back to Word's default, but

this doesn't
seem to help...)

Many thanks for your attention,

Jackie