Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Spamlet Spamlet is offline

Default creating a half space in a document

Depending on how often you need to do it: if it is only now and again, I
achieve odd spacings by simply making the space a different point size. Do
similar with line spacing when trying to cram stuff into text boxes.

"Alan Essex" wrote in message
Thanks for your extra suggestions about the possibility of "thin space"
and "hair space" which, until I read your reply, I was completely unaware.

I can see how "hair space" could be very useful for many writers who like
to allow a little extra space before a question or exclamation mark. Such
marks can get lost under modern word-processing/typesetting but the use of
a full space can be too much and also increases the possibility of the
mark dropping down to the next line as an orphan.

Is there any way of automating the insertion of a "hair space" so that
instead of typing in 200A followed by ALT+X, the writer simply presses a ?
but will get it displayed preceded with an "hair space" ?

ps I use Word 2003 - but I'm not aware that either 2007 or 2010 versions
make allowance for this.

On Saturday, February 06, 2010 1:34 PM Hucksie wrote:

I want to see if I can insert half a space instead of a "whole" space
between
words in Microsoft word.

On Saturday, February 06, 2010 5:03 PM Jay Freedman wrote:

In the Insert Symbol dialog, you will find an "en space" character at
Unicode number 2002. There is no shortcut key assigned to it by
default, but you can assign one by clicking the Shortcut Key button in
the dialog.

If you do not need it often, you can just type the number 2002 in the
document and press Alt+X.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Saturday, February 06, 2010 5:06 PM Jay Freedman wrote:

My apologies, an en space is bigger than you want. There are two
others, "thin space" at 2009 and "hair space" at 200A, that may suit
your needs better.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

ObjectDumper LINQ To Export Collection Via .NET Reflection
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...eflection.aspx