WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: I want to insert half of a space instead of a whole space in word.

Yes, you can insert half a space in Microsoft Word. Here's how:
  1. Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  2. Click on the "Symbol" button in the "Symbols" section of the ribbon.
  3. Click on "More Symbols" at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
  4. In the "Symbol" dialog box, select "Arial Unicode MS" from the "Font" drop-down menu.
  5. Scroll down until you see the "Figure Space" character (it looks like a square with a number in it).
  6. Click on the "Insert" button to insert the Figure Space character into your document.
  7. Highlight the Figure Space character and press "Ctrl" + "D" on your keyboard to open the "Font" dialog box.
  8. In the "Font" dialog box, change the "Size" to half of the font size you are using in your document (e.g. if you are using 12-point font, change the size to 6 points).
  9. Click "OK" to close the "Font" dialog box.

Now you have a half-space character that you can use in your document. Simply type a regular space, then insert the half-space character before typing the next word. The half-space character will be half the width of a regular space, allowing you to create more precise spacing between words.