Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
TMC TMC is offline

Default Fields show in preview pane but not after merge

I am using XP professional, merging from excel2002 into word 2002.
I had to work around my first record not having data in some of the columns
and thus causing the rest of the entry in the word doc to not fill. I put a
period in each empty column... I have to live iwth that I guess.

now I can SEE all the data I want exactly how I want it to print in the
template page - using the "ABC" function to see the sample.. but when I merge
to a new doucment, many fields are blank - they used to have text!

I tried connectign thru the DDE way - I tried saving teh data as .csv and
resaving with new name as xlw.

Any more suggestions?
thanks
TMC