Graham Mayor

I am pretty sure that provided the image is not inserted in line, that it
can be flipped or rotated from the drawing toolbar draw tools. It
certainly can in Word 2003 and the images on my web site
http://www.gmayor.com/rotate_text.htm were taken from Word 2000.

rderize wrote:
Starlight_Guided:
From what I can tell (I use Word 2000) it's not possible to "flip" a
clip-art object in MS Word 2000. What can be done, (and this is only
IF the clipart object is in Windows Media File format (.wmf)), is
that you can ungroup ALL of the objects that make up the clipart
picture from one another. Then, a single object can be rotated or
manipulated (using the Drawing toolbar tools). You would need to do
this with all of the objects in your clipart picture, then regroup
the objects in order to make them into one, single clipart picture. I
found this process to be unsatisfactory.

What I've been able to do with a clipart picture, is to open it in a
picture program (I use Corel PhotoPaint), flip the clipart picture
while within PhotoPaint, then save the flipped picture (I use the
desktop so I can easily find it) and insert this newly created
picture into MS Word. To position your picture on the page, you will
then need to right click on the picture, select Format Picture,
select the Layout tab, then select a wrapping style that is not "In
Line" (I use square). You will now be able to position your picture
on the page where you wish.

In MS Word 2000, go to the Help files: (You will need to bypass the
Answer Wizard; Clippy) Once you're in the Help File Table of
Contents, go to "Working with Graphics and Drawing Objects";
"Working with Clip Art and the Clip Gallery"; "Modify Clip Art."

I hope this helps.
Richard

"Starlight_Guided" wrote
in message ...
Im trying to make graduation announcements, and cant rotate the clip
art so it is upside down... HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!