Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Heidi Heidi is offline

Default mail merge changes my font

You are brilliant... I've asked EVERYONE including my IT helpdesk and no one
could help, but this code fixed it. THANK YOU!!!

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

In the Mail Merge main document, press Alt+F9 to toggle on the display of
the field codes and insert

\* charformat

inside the closing }. Then apply the desired formatting to the M of
MERGEFIELD.

Use Alt+F9 again to toggle of the display of the field codes and when you
execute your merge the formatting of the data will be whatever you applied
to the M.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Heidi" wrote in message
I am mail merging in Word from and Excel list. I format all the the text
in
the Word document to be Times New Roman 12 pt, but when I complete the
merge,
the field names that were merged come in with Garamond 10 pt. I made sure
the merged field names (place holders) in the Word document were formatted
correctly, but it still doesn't work. I've had this problem with a
computer
a few years ago, and I seem to remember I had to download some kind of
font... but can't remember exactly what I need to do. Any help???