garfield-n-odie

If you're using Symantec/Norton AntiVirus, try disabling the
Office Plugin that comes with it. See
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329820 "How to use Office
programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in" for more
information.

Sonja wrote:

Hope someone can HELP!! Got son a Dell laptop for Christmas. Has Windows XP
(home ed) and Windows Office 2003 ed. He does these databases & stuff. In
word he goes to insert an object - excel spreadsheet. He can type info in
and then he clicks outside of the excel box. Then he goes right back in to
edit it and it won't let him. Says "Word can not open document. User does
not have access privileges". Tried everything and to no avail - nothing
works. On his XP settings he is the user and is also administrator. Don't
know where else to look to try & fix. He has access to anything and
everything so why this comes up - I don't know. But he needs it fixed. Hope
someone knows what to do to correct this. Please email me if you do -
. Can't say I'll be able to get on this message forum so
best to email me. Please HELP!!! Thanks!