After you insert the section breaks, then you can apply the protection to
specific sections. You can't (at least not at first) use the padlock button
on the Forms toolbar; you have to use Tools | Protect Document. When you've
selected forms as the type of protection, you'll options about sections.

"TJ" wrote in message
I'm building a form within a table into a Word 2003 document so that the

user
can check up to 4 boxes in a particular section. The rest of the document

is
normal text that I would like to be editable at all times. I know I need

protect the form to get the checkboxes to work, so I'm wondering how I can
limit the scope of the form so the protection doesn't apply to the

document
as a whole? I've tried continuous section breaks before and after the

form,
but it doesn't limit the protection.