Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default the alt+### keys type arabic instead of normal (ñ) characters

Hi Billy

BillyJoCruiser wrote:
English, Spanish, and Arabic(Syria) are installed on a computer. Since that
has been done I can no longer type the alt+### keys normally in MS Word. For
example typing alt+164 does not type ñ. It types some arabic character.

Normally, even if the language bar is set to Arabic, typing alt+164 still
should type the ñ.

To my understanding, the Alt code should result in the character at the
given position in the font you are using. Are you sure you're not
starting with the wrong font/language at the cursor insertion point when
you get an arabic character?

In your shoes, I'd ask this in microsoft.public.word.international.features

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS