Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
wmannod

Default Rounding up on a merged field

You are correct. But I don't know why it brings in this number. The figure is
coming from an excel spreedsheet that is the total of two feilds that are two
decimal places. One field is amount, the other is GST, it is a calculated
field (=V2*0.07). When the merge is done it brings in the GST and Total
columms in with 14 decimal places. Can I stop this from happening? Total
field accually reads 2348.11499999999998 in the merge.

"macropod" wrote:

Hi wmannod,

If your source data actually have more than three decimal places, the
2,348.115 that you see when rounding to three decimal places might really be
2,348.1149 or something such, which would round down to 2,348.11 when
rounded to two decimal places.

Cheers

"wmannod" wrote in message
news
Hi I have the decimal places down with {mergefield total \#,##0.00} But my
amount to the third decimal place is 2,348.115. How do I get the 5 to

round
up. I'm looking for 2348.12 it always rounds down at 5. And give me a

total
of 2348.11.

thanks in advance.