Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Default The use of fields for the correct use "a" or "an"

This is a bit complicated but can be achieved -

{ IF{ =({ IF{ Mergefield EducDiploma1 \*Upper } = "A*" 1 0 } + { IF{
Mergefield EducDiploma1 \*Upper } = "E*" 1 0 } + { IF{ Mergefield
EducDiploma1 \*Upper } = "I*" 1 0 } + { IF{ Mergefield EducDiploma1
\*Upper } = "O*" 1 0 } + { IF{ Mergefield EducDiploma1 \*Upper } = "U*" 1
0 } + { IF{ Mergefield EducDiploma1 \*Upper } = "H*" 1 0 })} = 1 "an"
"a" } { MERGEFIELD EducDiploma1 }

You can check the first letter of the field by using a wildcard (eg) = H*
having added an upper case switch to the field you are checking (in case the
fields are not all upper case).

n.almeida wrote:
I have this Bookmark and its result some time is "Language Diploma"
some time is "Art History Degree".
I would like to insert this field { REF EducDiploma1 } in a text but a
grammar problem arises "a Language Diploma" or "an Art History
Degree".
How can I insert another field that recognises the first letter of
the next field.
OR
How can I insert the condition in the field itself but without
repating the { REF EducDiploma1 } many times (because it happens
often in the text with other bookmarks)
I hope it is clear
Thanks