Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tipuana

Default Word to capitalise letter after 3 dashes and 2 spaces

Thanks, Robert. Regarding "oldish". I am in South Africa and we are a bit
"oldish" here - only just graduated from WP5.1 for DOS. I am not responsible
for the specifications of the layout - they also want 2 spaces after a full
stop (which I must admit I am rather partial to.)

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

Hi Tipuana

Tipuana wrote:
I am transcribing evidence in question and answer format €“ that is a question
followed by 2 spaces, 3 dashes and 2 spaces followed by the reply.

Looks rather oldish to my eyes (and I try never to use 2 consequtive
spaces, anyway :-)).

Would it
be possible for the first letter of the reply to be automatically
capitalised?

You can do that with search/replace (Edit | Replace):

You need to enable the 3rd option from the top in the window after
hitting "more", and then:

Search: --- (?)
[That's 2 spaces followed by your 3 dashes and two more spaces, followed
by a question mark in parathesis.]

Replace: empty
[Click into the replace area, but leave it empty and add a Formatting
through Format | Font | Caps.]

That will find all such occurences in your document and capitalize the
first letter afterwards, with the usual caveats about search/replace and
what it finds.

Post back if you want to turn this into a macro.

Greetings
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS